CEN Workshop on 'CBRNe SENSOR API Network Protocols, Data Formats and Interfaces'
The RISEN project is developing a generic SENSOR API that will be used by different RISEN sensors manufactured by different organisations. In this regard, the existing SENSOR API can be further generalised and used as a basis for a future standard, allowing any CBRNe SENSOR to connect and exchange information, in a network-enabled environment, with remote services in a uniform way.
It is proposed to develop a CWA on CBRNe SENSOR API - Network Protocols, Data Formats and Interfaces due to the following reasons:
- Facilitate analyst data interpretation by using familiar, well defined and consistent sensor data formats;
- Enable evidence management information systems to receive data from compliant CBRNe sensors without requiring custom developments;
- Include 3D-spatial support in sensor data, enabling 3D data location;
- Improve operational autonomy and efficiency with digitalisation of traces and evidences;
- Enable forensics data sharing between practitioners.
Please visit the following link for further information: